"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, November 10, 2013

November Chrstmas QAL - Post 2

It's Sunday morning, mild and overcast.  Yesterday was the first day I wore a winter jacket.  Up until then I was getting by with heavy sweaters and wraps. 
 
I quilted some of my trees in blue thread

and some in pink thread
 
and when I used white thread it was almost invisible

and I have some unstitching to do, as well as some thinking on how to proceed from here.  There is a lot of white to quilt and I'm waiting for the light bulb to go on.  Christa made her quilt using solid colors for her trees and matched the thread to each color.  She also has a swell plan for her quilting, which includes words.   Her quilting is beautiful.
 
So, I might be changing gears today.  We'll see what I come up with.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is looking so good. You must be thrilled with how it's working out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of different colours for each tree. Will it make the quilt reversible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are adorable!l Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely quilting - the stars on your trees look like the decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)