"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Quilting KP's Quilt and Other Stuff

I began quilting KP's quilt.  I'm hoping to make the curves within the squares design that has the cathedral windows look.  Of course, my curves curve all over the place but that's what makes it my quilting.
 
The only batting I had at home the day I made the sandwich was the extra loft type.  I hesitated using it but now I really like the results.  So, it would be nice if I can get this done by early July, but whenever I make a plan something happens so no plan, just doing.

 
I won this great book from Quiltmaker. 
It's Farm Fresh Quilts by Kim Gaddy. 
 
I love, love the designs in this book.  You may see a bee skep or chicken runner soon.
 
And because I appreciate her approach to quilting, I ordered Mary Ellen Hopkins' book, The It's Okay To Sit On My Quilt Book.
It's out of print, so I ordered a used book through Amazon.  My book is like new.  Love it.
 
I like my Sizzix die cutter very much, and get emails from them when they have sales and such.  I was able to buy all of these dies for under $40.00, including shipping, which I think is pretty good shopping.
 
If you like die cutters, visit SewCalGal  http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/ .  There is an eBosser blog hop going on with how-to's and giveaways.  Apparently, the eBosser is compatible with dies from multiple manufacturers.  Sounds nice.
 
The sun is out and so are the lawn mowers. 
Not mine:-)
God Bless You.
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! The Farm Fresh looks like a great book, may just have to get one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so fresh and will be so cuddly! The book has quite the interesting title...bet we see some great quilts on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the high loft batting will be perfect for that quilt design! It will end up so soft and puffy and comfy - yum - can we curl up in it yet? I love my Sizzix cutter too! I'm still gathering dies and mainly only have strip dies so far, but I'm going to go over and start getting their emails! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that Mary Ellen book and have been wondering if anyone knows what has happened to her. She would be in her eighties now. She signed my books when I took a workshop with her here in Oz. Your quilt looks good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great. I wonder if the snowman is going into your Christmas Challenge somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little quilt , a sweet baby quilt ? Looks like a great book too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilting of KP's quilt. Your curves are superb. :-)

    I've yet to get into die cuts (perhaps just as well!) but it sounds like you've made a great buy there - I look forward to seeing what you make of your purchases!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)